Virginia International University’s mission is to educate students from all over the world through a highly qualified, equally diverse faculty and staff while striving to provide academic programs that engender the intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and creativity urgently needed in the global community.
As a community of students, staff, and faculty drawn from diverse national, cultural, and social backgrounds, VIU aims to improve the environment in which freedom of thought and diverse interpretations of human experiences are cherished. It is our hope and expectation that each member of the university will develop a greater awareness of, and responsiveness to, fellow members as well as to those beyond our campus who are less privileged. In the fulfillment of this mission, the university shall seek an efficient use of all available resources to ensure the highest quality of service to its students, faculty and staff. The ultimate goal of VIU is no less than to graduate scholars of moral, intellectual, and professional excellence who will not only make a better life for themselves and their families but who, more importantly, will lead the way to a better world for everyone.
At VIU, we believe that learning is not confined to the formal instruction of the traditional classroom. We offer a number of extracurricular clubs and activities where experts in a variety of subjects are brought in to discuss topics of interest to students.
In order to further the Mission and Philosophy of the university, VIU is committed to the following objectives:
- To recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and to support teaching, research, and the service mission of the university.
- To elevate the university’s learning environment to attract and retain excellent students from all over the world as well as from the USA.
- To offer learning experiences beyond the classroom that enhances traditional instruction and prepare students for the global workforce.
- To offer an up to date curriculum that is relevant which ensures each student has the following competencies: to think critically; to reason analytically; to solve problems realistically; and to communicate clearly.
- To endeavor to provide successful employment placement options for students.