Virginia International University School of Business
VIU's School of Business offers a wide array of programs; from a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree with a selection of 3 different concentrations; Undergraduate Certificates in International Business and Small Business Management; to a Graduate Certificate in Project Management; Master of Science in Accounting, Master of Science in Project Management; and a world-class Master of Business Administration degree with a selection of 15 different concentrations. Students acquire a solid understanding of business subject matter as well as the skills necessary to make them competitive in tomorrow's market.
The VIU School of Business curricula provides an understanding of perspectives that form the context for business. Graduates of the VIU School of Business Learning should be able to:
- Articulate principles of managerial, financial, economic, and accounting to business practices
- Apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in an integrated manner
- Recognize and appreciate cultural diversity and promote collaborative enterprise
- Apply managerial decision making through utilization of best practices in business
- Demonstrate knowledge of high performance organizations and how its leaders relate to organizational effectiveness and behavior
The faculty of the VIU School of Business are committed to program-level assessment to improve student learning through curriculum development, modification, and revision and to enhancing the educational experience of its students. Program-level assessment processes allow faculty and administration to measure the achievement of student learning goals established by faculty and to provide in-process feedback for continuous improvement purposes.
The School of Business's overall goal is to provide a quality affordable business education that conforms to the highest standards of the American education system.