About the Tuition Payment Plan
For students who wish to finance their tuition in installments, VIU has a payment plan available. There is a non-refundable fee of $30.00 per installment. Failure to pay any outstanding balance will result in an academic hold on the student’s account, accrual of late fees, and ineligibility to apply for a payment plan in future semesters.
Note: Students who are in their first semester of study at VIU are not eligible to apply for a payment plan.
Click here to view details of the Spring 2017 payment plan.
Applying for a Tuition Payment Plan
Eligible students can apply for a tuition payment plan through the student portal.
You are eligible for a payment plan if:
- You are not a first-semester student;
- There is not a financial hold on your account;
- You are studying in an academic undergraduate, graduate, or certificate program (not ESL);
- You have registered for courses in the current term and your total bill is more than $2,000;
- You are not on the waiting list for any courses; and
- The payment deadline has not passed.
After you have received confirmation of approval of your application, you may visit the Accounting Office to make your first installment payment or you can make the payment through your student portal.
Please consult the chart below for the deadline to submit an application for a tuition payment plan.
|SEMESTER||DEADLINE TO APPLY|
|Summer I 2017||April 28, 2017|
|Summer II 2017||June 23, 2017|
|Fall 2017||August 21, 2017|
|Spring 2018||January 8, 2017|